The batteries that can be used by electric buses generally have the following four types of power batteries, namely valve-regulated lead-acid maintenance-free batteries, colloidal lead-acid batteries, nickel-metal hydride batteries, and lithium-ion batteries.
1. Keep the battery secure. During the exercise of the electric vehicle, it is inevitable that there will be bumps. The battery installed firmly will not be disconnected due to the vibration of the battery circuit connection.
2. Always check the height of the battery fluid. During the charging and discharging process of the battery, the water in the electrolyte will gradually decrease due to electrolysis and evaporation, causing the electrolyte surface to drop. If not replenished in time, the battery life will be shortened. If the height of the electrolyte surface of the vehicle battery is lower than the upper and lower water lines, the distilled water should be replenished in time.
3. Charge the battery in time. Whether it is water or maintenance-free battery, there is a battery capacity indicator on the surface. Usually, when the battery is fully charged, the green indicator will light up. When the battery is low, the red light will be on, indicating that it must be charged. It is. After the battery is discharged or stopped, it should be charged in time to avoid hardening of the plate and shorten the service life of the battery.
4. The battery surface should be kept clean. The dust on the battery cover should be cleaned frequently to prevent the vent hole on the filler cap or screw plug from being blocked. If solid oxides are found on the poles, they should be rinsed off with hot water in time to avoid affecting the conduction between the poles and the terminals. After cleaning, wipe the surface of the battery clean and apply grease to the pole and the terminal to ensure that the pole will not be oxidized.
5. Solve the problem that the battery does not work properly at low temperatures. Add the battery active agent to the battery water inlet; or wrap the battery with a hot towel.