As the electric vehicle charging pile on the electric side of the power grid, the particularity of its structure determines that the characteristics of the automatic communication system are that the points to be measured are large and scattered, the coverage is wide, and the communication distance is short. And with the development of the city, the network topology requires a flexible and expansive structure. Therefore, the choice of the communication method of the electric vehicle charging pile should consider the following problems:
(1) Reliability of communication – Communication systems must withstand harsh environments and strong electromagnetic interference or noise interference for a long time, and keep communication open.
(2) Construction costs – comprehensively consider construction costs and long-term use and maintenance costs, provided that reliability is met.
(3) Two-way communication - not only can achieve the upload of information, but also the release of control volume.
(4) Multi-service data transmission rate - With the continuous increase of terminal traffic, the communication between the primary station and the sub-station and the sub-station to the terminal has higher and higher requirements for realizing the data transmission rate of multiple services.
(5) Flexibility and scalability of communication – Due to the characteristics of multi-point, wide-area and decentralized charging piles, standard communication protocols are required, along with the development of “ALL IP” network technology trends and power operations. The continuous growth of services requires consideration of IP-based service bearers and requires easy installation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance.